Monday, March 26, 2007

See You This Weekend!

Its general conference again and I hope to see you all. It will be a thrill to participate in the re-dedication of the tabernacle and all four sessions. We actually don't look at the music together until the Tuesday before. We prepare more spiritually by 1-doing an anonymous good deed,2-attending the temple,3-fasting, 4.righting something wrong in you life. I love this time of year. It seems heaven and earth meet for a brief moment.I had an experience one conference weekend in the early morning hours. I woke to the sound of a radio playing. I looked around from my bed and decided it was from outside somewhere. I started to worry about getting back to sleep because it was going to be Sunday and a long tiring day. Whenever I start to worry sleeping only gets more difficult, so I prayed that the Lord would just take care of it for me. I then started hearing music. It was the tab choir singing,"If you could Hie to Kolob" (one of my favorites)It was quiet and sounded from a distance then came closer into my room. It calmed me and I felt blessed. I drifted back to sleep to the sound of it. Later that day I realized that there is no recording of that song except from maybe a past broadcast and for sure from the very first conference session I sang with the choir. What are the chances of that being played on a radio in the middle of the night? That's what I mean by heaven and earth meeting during conference time. It is a time when the heavens open and revelation pours down upon the saints in a miraculous way. I hope you all experience the wonder of this time of year.

5 comments:

mylittlegems said...

Aaron sings the "Hie to Kolob" song every night to Landon! He really loves it and I will always think of that song and my husband singing to my oldest boy as a baby :)

Emily said...

I love it that you are in the choir. It must be so amazing. A lot of work, but I'm sure the great experiences make up for it. It's always nice to see your familiar face during any broadcast that you are singing. I can't wait fot this weekend.

scott said...

A beautiful Blog. Isn't it a great way to express ourselves and know that what we write will be read by sympathetic and understanding eyes. We always watch for you, and usually see you, in the Choir. One of the most comely and pleasant faces in the group.

Janice Graham said...

We'll be watching for you!

Why is that nice post you wrote about the choir gone?

Wendy said...

It is a comforting feeling to see someone we love in the choir. I am especially grateful because I know that Michael and Bryce were watching for you too. It just brings them a little closer to home for a couple of days. We also think that you are the prettiest one in the choir. You have the most expression on your face and you look like you are really enjoying it. I've never seen you not smiling yet. It was an awesome conference and the music was beautiful. We love you all!