Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Age of No Common Sense

I went to the gym this morning and watched some TV while I exercised. We decided about three years ago to give up TV. I do not miss it at all except when it comes around Memorial day for the US Tennis Open or other big tennis events. As I watched today at the gym I was stunned with the lack of common sense that seemed to pervade almost every story I saw. California wants to install a new power plant system that would cut down pollution dramatically. The environMENTALists say "No!" it MAY have some affect upon the natural landscape...so what about human kind ??! Another story said "Does sexy attire in the work place hinder a women's progression in her career? DUH! If a woman does not respect her own body no one else will either. Then to top it off...within this same 30 minute period...the whole discussion about immunizing young girls against sexually transmitted diseases. Has the world gone crazy? The commentators spoke as if being chaste were completely out of the question and irrelevant. Truly this is the age of no common sense! You better guard your own with your life!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I totally agree. It's amazing the conversations I have with friends here that I have to act are completely normal, when I don't agree at all. Good thing we know the truth.

mylittlegems said...

Amen to that.

Amber said...

It is awful. I can't watch the news because most of it is dumb or just junk. Even when there is something important to report, they say the same things over and over until it drives me nuts. I really think the media and a lot of other people have lost their ever loving minds!