Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 4

By Friday I was really conserving my energy and not doing much other than singing in the evenings.  My throat was a little sore and my sinuses throbbing now and then.  Mack asks us constantly to use the head voice and put the sound in our molars.   Our first number tonight was "My God My Portion and My Love"  Its a little like "Come Thou Fount" and  just as moving.   "Down to the River to Pray" is one of my favorites of this CD.    I was really feeling the emotions of the need for repentance and  being born again .   Than on to "His Voice as the Sound"  which has amazing words! ...His lips as a fountain of righteousness flow that waters the garden of grace....It is a subdued melody and exquisitely beautiful.  We had the traditional "Cowboy Cookies"  that a sister organized to be made and served to everyone.  Food, books, sudoku, Ipods are always around during recording sessions.  I have to say though that to me there did not seem like very much down time; just 10 or 15 minutes here and there.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Cookies, sudoku and iPods, that sounds like fun to me!