Friday, June 20, 2008

Final Day 5

Saturday is the marathon day because we report by 9 am and are tired from the night before and the whole week as well.  This is when I totally  rely on the strength of the Lord to bless us physically and mentally to finish.  By this point too, I don't even need to warm up, I'm just conserving what voice I have left.  We started with "How Bright is the day".  It reminds me of a Scottish folk song.  Its message is so reassuring and faith building!  They speak of  the restoration of the gospel, the building of zion, and our family in heaven where we can "be there forever at home".  We then recorded again "Bound for the Promised land" which is Britney's and Brian's favorite.  Hopefully it is even better than our past recording of it.  Amazing Grace  was next with bagpipe guests.  They played out in the middle of the tabernacle floor  and the sound echoed throughout beautifully. This is such a powerful tune I believe the recording of it will reach many many Christian people and speak truth to them of the restored gospel.  We broke for lunch at 12:45.  We all walked over to the church office building cafeteria where we were served "chicken surprise"  and fruit pies.   Its always good food.  We had an hour break and then moved on to "Old Time Religion"  I felt to raise my hands and sway to the spirit!  Then our last piece was "Battle of Jericho"  These last two were accapella  .  We ended at 4:00 but knew we had to go home and rest up for the early morning 7:15 call for the relentless broadcast schedule.  We would put it together in the morning and it would be pieces from the recording sessions.   This CD is scheduled to come out in the spring of 2009. 

2 comments:

Tamara said...

How lucky you are my friend!
I'm sure those recording's can be tough and inspiring at the same time.....what a joy!
FYI~ Craig loves his new job at Utah State. Aunt Betty says he's making his mark, everyone loves him.
Hope to see you this summer. I'll be in Utah from July2-August30th.
Love, T

Drew said...

That sounds great. I am surprised to hear there seem to be a lot of new selections this time around. I look forward to hearing them! I still need to get ahold of Called to Serve sometime. I say, that came out at an inopportune time, right before I came home from the mission! :)