Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 3

 

This night the men got to come later after the women recorded "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is Calling"  The interesting thing about this piece (and many others) is that Mack wants all the women to sound like sopranos in an alto range.  Just when we thought we could belt out our low notes, he wants us to lighten up for a more unified soprano sound.  go figure...its a little disheartening but I do what he says!   "My Song in the Night" was next up.  Its really a beautiful song.  "Oh Jesus, my savior, my song in the night.  Come to us with thy tender love my soul's delight.  Unto Thee in affliction I call.  My shadow by day and my song in the night...". Then on to "I Want Jesus to Walk with me" which is mostly a solo by Alex Boye.  At the end of it Alex sings a really high note.  After recording this part for the first time, most of us heard an enthusiastic  "Wow"  come from down the stairs in the recording room.  We all laughed.   When this piece was done, Alex grinned widely and gave a leap of joy.  He's got a great ,friendly personality.

2 comments:

Linda said...

How exciting to be recording a new CD - although exhausting. I'm sure we'll be getting it as soon as it is released. Some husbands play golf, some watch sports on TV. Mine collects Mormon Tabernacle CD's! So we always have lots of good music around!

Drew said...

Sounds good! I'm glad to hear previews of the upcoming new pieces. Dad always says when Mack arranges a piece, it STAYS arranged! He has quite a knack for those sorts of things. Looking forward to hearing it!